Thursday, January 8, 2009

Society and IMPOSSIBLE Expectations

Instead of tips or advice I wanted to do a post on expectations. I have to admit that I subscribe to People magazine and I am a faithful reader of perezhilton.com, I have been told by many people that it's garbage and a waste of my time. I don't view it that way at all. I like reading the articles because it's my little piece of time to be selfish and just fill my brain with mindless information. I don't think we have to be learning or doing something productive all the time, we need a time out.

That said, I think it's important that we all realize how much help the rich and famous have. They have personal chefs, personal trainers, personal assistants. stylist, etc.... They don't roll out of bed looking great. The ones who have truly healthy and fit bodies have to work hard for them and I don't believe it when they say otherwise. A lot of models these days are "skinny fat", if you google that you will find lots of info, but it is where you are super skinny and super unhealthy. Appearances can be very deceiving and we have to be careful with what we tell ourselves. I don't believe that most 5' 4'' women are meant to be a size 0 and I don't think it is attractive. I think women should have curves and I think we should feel good about it. Everyone has a different build and everyone has their own personal weight that they look good and feel good at. I think what is important is how you feel! Don't be a slave to the scale, pick a day and weigh yourself once a week. Always weigh wearing the same thing and at the same time of day (best time is right away when you wake up), record that weight and then do your best through out the week. I found that once I started aiming for HEALTHY vs. SKINNY I did so much better. Exercise because it makes you feel good, do it because you will be healthier and hopefully in turn be around longer to enjoy your kids and grand kids.

These are photo's of Jessica Alba (taken from PerezHilton.com), I think she looks beautiful in the before photo. Of course they had to airbrush her because everyone is supposed to be perfect. I just wanted to show everyone that even the "most beautiful" girls have some help. Nobody is perfect . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment