Thursday, April 16, 2009

Okay so here is where I stand if any of you are still out there. After my little Porsha was born 13 1/2 months ago I was gung ho. After losing what you lose just after the baby is born, which for me never seems to be much I had 20 pounds still to lose to get down to what I was before pregnancy but I set my goal much higher and lost 40 pounds. I got within 5 pounds of my high school weight. Great huh! I thought so too until winter came and I had back surgery and enjoyed cooking way too much. So now I have put 20 pounds back on. I am thinking this weight is a very comfortable weight for my body cause is seems to find it's way back there so often. Well I am not going to let that happen and my goal is to lose 30 pounds by July! I know I can do it. (Mind over matter, mind over matter......). I am a little frustrated though because for the last 10 years after my babies were this old it was time to get pregnant again, so instead of still trying to watch my weight I would have been enjoying life (or food I should say) again. Since those baby days are definitely over, times ten, I can't let myself think that. I have to get that mindset out of my system and make things happen. So anyway. That is where I stand and I will try to post every Friday how I am doing since that is they day I officially weigh in every week. (And I go off my diet on Friday afternoons and don't start again until Monday mornings. I don't just go all out on the weekends, I just allow myself dessert after dinner on those nights. May not sound like much but it gets me through the week. So see you in 8 days!

3 comments:

  1. you can do it. it is all in your mind. it is hard when you get used to a certain eating style to go without. But like you said I keep in my head days when I will be able to enjoy things. I ate like a pig on easter now I will be strict until me and ron go to slc in may for a wedding. I will enjoy myself then. I think it's easier if you know when you can have something instead of just saying no.I think the weekend thing is a great idea it gets you through the week without cheating. It is also a great way to maintain your weight i have found. Good luck I'm cheering you on. I say loosing is the easy part it's maintaining that is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! The weekend thing is a good idea, I kind of do that too. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so here is my weekly update. I have lost 2 pounds. I can say that I am very happy because after only two days of being so good Mike brought home a whole box of strawberries and I eat an unreal amount of those with ice cream. It was absolutely rediculous. I told him he couldn't bring home any more! Then of course Monday was Halle's birthday and I had a few cupcakes and oh...then there were a few leftover the next day and I ate a few. But.....In all of this I did my three mile run outside or 3 mile uphill walk on my treadmill every day but Sunday so all in all 2 pounds came off and I am very happy about that. Slow and steady wins the race right? I will be back next week to update, but probably on thursday cause I will be gone on Friday.

    ReplyDelete